Field Study -- Tamil Nadu, India 2012

By way of introduction, my name is Joshua Malyon. I will be traveling to Southern India this Spring/Summer through the Field Studies program at Brigham Young University. I am in my Junior year, studying Environmental Science with an International Development minor. For the duration of the 3 months in India, I will be interning at Shanti Ashram, a Gandhian NGO located in Kovai Pudur, Tamil Nadu. I will also be researching the influence of music on the lives of southern Indians.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Kolaveri Di

This song today is a mix between Tamil and English, exactly what I will be speaking while in Tamil-Nadu. I think that's  why it instantly connected with me. Besides it being as catchy as anything you've ever heard. 
Don't believe me? Go ahead and click that. 41 million people agree with me. 


1 comment:

  1. hahahaha Oh dear Josh. How I love thee. I must say, I listened to this song more than once and I secretly want Vankat to sing it to me... I also have been listening to that one song he showed in class. Just food for thought, do you think they feel cooler when they mix English words with Tamil? or...do they wanna be Western?

    ReplyDelete